How to Install TestNG step by step in Eclipse.
There are two ways in installing TestNG in Eclipse
- Process of installing TestNG in Eclipse is using “Install new software” option.
- Steps to Install Eclipse using Install new Software:
- In Eclipse, on top menu bar, Under Help Menu, click on “Install new Software” in help window.
- Enter the URL (https://beust.com/eclipse/) at Work With field and click on “Add” button.
- Once you click on “Add”, it will display the screen, Enter the Name as “TestNG“.
- After clicking on “OK“, it will scan and display the software available with the URL which you have mentioned.
- Now select the checkbox at TestNG and Click on “Next” button.
- It will check for the requirement and dependencies before starting the installation.
- If there is any problem with the requirements/dependencies, it will ask you to install them first before continuing with TestNG.
- Most of the cases it will successfully get installed nothing to worry about it.
- Once the above step is done, it will ask you to review the installation details.
- If you are ready or Ok to install TestNG, click on “Next” to continue.
- Accept the Terms of the license agreement and Click on “Finish” button.
- That’s it… It will take few minutes to get installed.
- Finally, once the installation is done, we can check if the TestNG is installed properly or Not.
- Go to Windows Menu bar, and Mouse Over on “Show View” and Click on “Other” at the last as in the below screen shot.
Expand Java folder and see if the TestNG is available as in the below screen shot.
Second way is using “Eclipse Market Place”.
- We can easily find all the plug ins or any third-party plugins that users can add into Eclipse installation by using “Eclipse Market Place” search option.
- Under help menu, we should have an option as ‘Eclipse Marketplace..’. Click on it.
- Enter text as ‘TestNG’ and click on GO to search.
- We now see TestNG with install option (If TestNG is already installed, you will have ‘Update’ and ‘Uninstall’. as in the below screen shot)